Monday, March 1, 2010

Buttercup goes to the beach

See that new pic in the mast of the blog? Yep, beach ride.


I don't think I've smiled bigger or could have been happier this past Saturday. Just thinking about it makes me well up a little with tears.

There were so many highs and lows this past year and times when I thought Buttercup would never pull through. I know we aren't out of the woods yet. But Saturday felt a little bit like ... redemption.

We rode for nearly two hours (mostly walking except for the photos). I had my vet and my barn owner/instructor with me, so that gave me extra assurance I wasn't pushing Bud past her physical limitations.



I did ride her with her EasyBoot Edges and I'm disappointed that sand got underneath one of the gators and rubbed her a little raw. It was an oversight on my part. I should have given her a vet wrap sleeve to protect from the sand.

The picture that says it all:


I don't think I can smile any bigger.

2 comments:

  1. that looks like oregon - are you in oregon?

    you guys look great. i love beach riding. baasha is nice enough that he'll go right in the water for me. my mare (princess buttercup) would NOT!

    ~lytha

    ReplyDelete
  2. lytha, I'm on the East Coast, actually. I have heard Oregon is beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete