Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Farrier visit Nov. 23, 2009

Buttercup experienced significant pain the day after the chiropractor and I ended up calling my farrier in a week and a half early because I was concerned. She was standing like a severely laminitic horse. Very uncomfortable.

At the time another farrier was out and he suggested putting her on a diet that cuts out starches and sugars (decreasing inflammation) like a horse foundering. We are game to try it because it sounds like that makes sense.

When my farrier came out two days later, he agreed with the assessment, trimmed her like usual, and didn't put either cast back on. So, we are officially 100% barefoot! She is wearing Easyboot RXs for right now, but she was completely sound yesterday after the trim and today (on concrete with or without the boots).

I'm pretty pleased!

Pictures, left:




Right:




No comments:

Post a Comment